The East Group has a strategic need to search for an Electrical Designer with 3+ years of experience to work in our Raleigh or Greenville, NC offices. Project focus areas will mainly be on Health Care and Industrial markets. The position will present the opportunity to work on a variety of projects both in scale and type. Candidates must possess good communication and organization skills and be able to work well in a team environment. A successful candidate will be given the opportunity to grow and progress in their career. Essential job responsibilities will include:
· Understanding of construction practices and types including building/electrical codes and standards.
· Understands the design of electrical systems, including but not limited to: power, lighting, data/comm and fire alarm systems.
· Able to perform calculations associated with electrical design.
· Able to communicate and coordinate with members of the design team.
· Able to critically think through the design process
· Able to perform field work of existing facilities and develop existing condition documents for the electrical systems and communicate with the electrical engineer regarding the particulars of the facility.
· Advanced knowledge of Autocad and a functional knowledge of Revit.
Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.