The East Group has a strategic need to search for a Structural Engineer with 8+ years of relevant experience to work in our Raleigh or Greenville, NC offices. Candidate shall be a licensed PE in NC or be able to obtain by reciprocity. A SE license and a Master’s degree in structural engineering are definite pluses. Project focus areas will mainly be on Health Care and Industrial markets. The position will present the opportunity to work on a variety of projects both in scale and type. Essential job responsibilities will include:
· Understands and efficiently performs design of structural systems, utilizing sketches, calculation methods and software.
· Advanced knowledge of structural software packages such as RISA and a functional knowledge of Revit.
· Utilize knowledge of construction techniques for steel, concrete, masonry and wood materials in development of structural solutions.
· Direct designers in production of drawings performed to an acceptable level of quality under constraints of budget and schedule.
· Juggle multiple projects under design and construction while meeting project schedules.
· Able to perform field work at existing facilities and develop existing condition documents for the structural systems.
· Candidates must possess good communication and organizational skills and be able to work well in a team environment.
Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.